Kia Lor

This blog has my essays for ESL 93 for Fall 2006. It includes my thoughts about myself, my family, and the world in which I live.

Wednesday, November 29, 2006

My Graduation Party

My parents did a graduation party for me because I finish high school. We invited everyone to come in help us cook and do the dishes because we are having alot of people coming. I am so happy that I have finish high school because I want to be free and help my mom with everything around the house and outside. My graduation party was fun because I have alot of people that I know came to my graduation party. I have cousins and friends that came too. We woke up in the morning around 6:30 a.m. to get everything prepare for the party and than everyone started to come get everything ready for the party, we work all morning until afternoon because I have to get ready to put on my cap and my gown. When I'm all ready I have to go out there so they could tie my hand with the white string holding the plate with the chicken and giving me money for finishing high school. When I'm done I have to put my money and the chicken in my bedroom than I have to come and answer everyone's question about what I'm going to do for the future. I really didn't answer their question because I really don't know what I'm going to do for the future. When we are done everyones started to eat and after eating everyones started to pick some food and drinks to take it home for their children. After everyone had left home we have to clean every mess that everyone had made inside and outside of the house. My graduation party was fun because theres little kids yelling, screaming, playing and running around being naughty. I will never forget about my graduation party with everyones that had came to my graduation party and give me money and had tie my hand with the white string. I will always remember my graduation party in my mind forever. I have the best graduation party with my friends and cousins because it is important to me. This is call the Hmong Traditional Celebration.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home